The application is freeware, it means that
you can use it for private and commercial purpose without any charges.
It is forbidden to decompile the application or anywise to modify it.
The author is not responsible for any damages related with using the application.
A vocabulary source(s) has got his own licence and an enclosed pronunciation has got own licence too.
There is a distribution for download with some vocabulary databases (created by different
authors) on a homepage of
Some basic informations are stored in a header of vocabulary file.
There is a recommendation to read its licence before the first usage.
- At least 16 MB memory RAM (tested on Windows 95) .
- At least 15 MB free space on HD (the space depends on count of databases
and a on a number its records).
- You can run the application on an operating system type of
Windows, Linux, MacOS, OS/2, Solaris and more, which have got installed a
"Java Runtime Environment - Standard Edition" (JRE) type of "all languages, including
English" version 1.4 or newer. The JRE can be free downloaded from page(s):
- I recommend to uninstall the last version if any.
- Unzip the installation file inst-peki.zip
into new directory on your locale hard disk. On a Windows 98 (and newer)
you can alternatively use an install program called
- Run a script peki.vbs.
by mouse double click or write the statement:
wscript peki.vbs on Windows 98 (and newer) or
statement: sh peki.sh on a Linux system
to launch PEKI dictionary program.
If the application does not start, try to modify an absolute path to
java file (alternatively to javaw.exe).
For each (other) supported OS you can run the program in a command line
from subdirectory data by statement:
java -jar peki.jar
, there is a recommendation to write an absolute path to java file.
- If the program have got a first running, then you will verify creating a binary
database(s) in a special form.
Create the binary database(s) by Create button.
- Launch the program with parameter -dbmanager, if you want to re-create
a binary databases.
- You can switch on antialiasing of text in detail mode by parameter -antialiasing.
However I can't recommend the parameter generally, because you can sometimes detect a bad spacing of some
little characters - like a side effect.
- If you want to uninstall the application, then delete the directory that you had created
for the application in the first step. In case you have used an install program (Setup.exe),
run standard uninstall process.
- The newest version you can download from PEKI dictionary homepage
On the page you can find a history of changes and some more informations too.
The document was written 2004/10/31 by author: Pavel Ponec, firstname.lastname@example.org
Translation: Pavel Ponec